Thursday, November 29, 2007

Harddisk Camcoder

Sony DCR-SR300 6.1MP 40GB Hard Disk Drive Handycam Camcorder with 10x Optical Zoom

- One-touch disc burn
- DVDirect compatibility The DVDirect system allows for easy transfer to a stand-alone DVD burner via USB 2.0. The VRD-VC30 allows for easy transfer of video for DVD burning, while the VRD-MC3 allows for seamless transfer of both video and still images for archiving on a DVD.

Simple & Compact, November 24, 2007
- I made the transition from Hi-8 to Hard Drive Disk (HDD) after an intensive review of all available options. Consumer Reports recently reviewed this camcorder and placed it at the top of it's list.

- The Video is awesome with the recording of 4 GB of Video for 1.5 hrs of recording. Thats huge , you do need a bigger Hard Drive if are gonna save it on your Laptop.

Camera and Camcorder in one, November 13, 2007
I bought this camera because I was tired of lugging around both a camcorder and a hi resolution digital camera. I have had it for a month now, and it fits well for what I wanted. The photos are very sharp and the video is what you would expect from Sony. I do agree that not having a view finder is a disadvantage, but overall I am very happy with this camera.

Worth every penny, June 2, 2007
- No, it's not HD but I honestly don't feel that it's worth paying 2x as much for the marginal (if even noticeable since this camcorder shoots video at 3.1 megapixels) difference in video quality.

ZD review
CNet Review

No comments: