Sunday, January 13, 2008

R2I forum experiences

R2I jobs:Starting out on your own , dated Feb 2007
asr:Good discussion, one very good post
one good post:
Fifteen years later when I will be 55, keeping my job maybe riskier than maintaining my business.

How true!!! If you think 15 years is a distant future, just look at past 15 years and how fast they went. Its pathetic being a guy 50+ years old trying to keep his job. I cannot wait to quit my job and start on my own...It will be a 5 years struggle but then there is a good chance that I will be able to make a decent income by then (even if its not comparable with what the regular job would bring, I can rule the roost without having to worry about being fired or insulted or having to find another job).

another satyam Program manager post
I've been offered a Program Manager position in Bangalore with a growing telecom firm. The position is a combination of pre-sales and delivery (program management) in the managed services / outsourcing area (networking - not software). Current offer is 25 lacs CTC of which about 3% are benefits (i.e. not payable in cash). There are no stock incentives but company willing to pay for relocation.
I have 15 years US experience (MBA and MS) with leading firms in the telecom sector . Would value your opinion if you think this is a reasonable/good/poor offer.



_________________________________________________________________________________
customs is 15% on ALL electronic items

My experience on customs is 15% on ALL electronic items. If its some value is depreciated and dutied 15% on that depreciated value. However, if there are any duplicate items (like I had 2 DVD players), they'll duty 35% on the second one. One computer (desktop) is duty-free.

Bring all you can and convince the inspector that's it few yrs old and few hundred dollars less and you should be fine.

Bribing isn't really there but the agent kinda tricks you to pay some and might keep it himself or share with his buddies to get the signatures done quickly.

I'll post my R2H experience pretty soon. Been almost 3 months now. :-

2 comments:

willson said...

If I were to wager a guess at why, I’d say that users don’t “browse” forms. The interaction style users engage in with forms is different, and requires its own study and design best practices.
latest technology

Shanmugam said...

This 'Return to India' survey is to help tech professionals and IT executives, who plan to Return to India: http://www.corp-corp.com/surveys/?aid=r2ihd6

We can help you in finding executive / management level opportunities, startup investments etc