Wednesday, September 16, 2009

theKirkreport

What Is Your Strategy?
1/ In simple terms, I use a combination of both fundamental and technical analysis to spot opportunities in the stock market.

2/In essence, my focus is to take advantage of low-risk/high-return opportunities whenever and where ever I see them.

3/ Although I'm a contrarian by nature, I also frequently exercise flexibility in order to identify and profit from new trends and promising sectors.

4/While I believe in the value of short-term market timing and trading,
-----
5/ Stock trading is game of mistakes not prefection. Those who manage their mistakes well will always find their way to do well.

6/ Always do what you love, money will follow.

7/ Traders live too much in past. Past success often make you think you are better than you really are and past failures will crate a loss of confidence.

8/ Kirk did 77 trades in 2007 => that is 1.5 trades/week ( before he did lot but not once http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifhe matured ..)
asr: we should do similar , OIL 1.5 trades/week is good . 1.5 trades/week gives only low-risk/high return trade. like waiting for TOP/bottom along with our BULL/BEAR Factor list updated daily.

9/ Kirk returns
2000 - 37%
2001 - 5%
2002 - 30%
2003 - 85%
2004 - 65%
2005 - 16%
2006 -

By 2007 my career trading profits surpassed the $1 million dollar mark.

I come into contact with many people who see trading as a way to get rich without doing a lot of work. That's simply not possible no matter how smart or skilled you may be or what trading strategy you discover and/or develop. Trading successfully requires diligence, dedication and determination and it is not a career for the lazy or get-rich easy crowd.

Second, the key is whether you really enjoy the trading process and challenging yourself on a daily basis. This is not a career for those who don't enjoy research, statistics, objective critical thinking, and testing/evaluation.

Q:One tactic you're well known for is running lots of fundamental stock screens using data available to everyone. How do you turn widely known information into a trading edge?


A: I use stock screening to narrow my focus to a small number of stocks in an objective and consistent manner. The screens, especially when they are working extremely well and in attractive market conditions, eliminate all of the noise and allow me to concentrate on finding low risk/high reward trading setups within the small group of stocks. My stock screen machine, which I share with members at The Kirk Report, provides me with a narrow target list that have characteristics that the market tends to reward more than the rest. While I'm a firm believer that how you manage a trade is more important than what you trade, it does provide me with a trading edge to concentrate my time and energy on stocks which my screens highlight instead of chasing hot trends, stock picks of others, and general market hype.

- Kirk mentioned in one day post a link to TickerVille- this site $80/month gives setups for day/week so Kirk is getting some researched info from these kind of premium sites.
---------
Baidu 25k profit trade, this guy bought 500 shares (x100) 50k in one position
http://www.thekirkreport.com/2005/08/baiducom.html
- mainly used volume (peak) and adding to winning positions .. it is in 2005

-----The Best Of 2007 theKirkreport
#

Trading Resolutions: Part I
#

Trading Resolutions: Part II
#

Trading Resolutions: Part III
#

My Stock Screen Routine
#

Price Patterns In Setting Stops
#

Stock Screeners
#

Stock Market Lessons: Part I
#

Stock Market Lessons: Part II
#

Stock Market Lessons: Part III

No comments: