Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Make IT in China, Integrate IT by India

It's all about the Golden Triangle: The U.S., China and India (in this order, although “USIC” makes for a better acronym – and I still prefer “Golden Triangle” )

One problem is that India's ITO sector gets India's best and brightest; unfortunately, the ITO sector in China gets China's dumb and dumber, the better software engineers opting for MNCs or domestic ISVs.

A web design firm hailed as a top five player in China, a “Top Gun” awarded to a firm that has 90+% of their revs from manual testing and L10N. All the awards are meaningless, a better demonstration of a firm's marketing and PR prowess than its technical development capabilities. But show is big in China

But if I really needed packaged apps integration, even in China, I admit that I'd look at IBM and an Indian global, maybe one domestic pure-play
I'd look at Cognizant, maybe one other Indian global, one American SI. I wouldn't waste my time with a China option.

- Author is china educated in vally?(Hey, we're Tsinghua. What can I say? MIT-ish talent pool).

No comments: